The first “Große Deutsche Kunstausstellung“ (“Great German Art Exhibition”) opened on 18 July 1937 in Munich, concurrent with the opening of the “Haus der Deutschen Kunst” (“House of German Art”), dubbed a “Temple” of German art by Hitler and built by Paul Ludwig Troost. The impact of this exhibition was mainly rooted in its state-enforced production, including the new exhibition building, Adolf Hitler’s appearance in front of the exhibition jury, the “Tag der Deutschen Kunst” (“Day of German Art”) and Hitler’s opening keynote speech in which he condemned Modernity. One day after the grand opening, the “Entartete Kunst” (“Degenerate Art”) exhibition also opened in Munich with the aim of denouncing modern art. Starting in 1937, the Great German Art Exhibition annually defined the Third Reich’s official version of contemporary art. Initially, the organization followed the tradition of private shows, but Hitler made changes and in the end, Heinrich Hoffmann was appointed to be the sole juror and to arrange the exhibition for political effectiveness. With alarming consistency, the Nazi models of moral and physical standardization were thus implanted and the contours of the Third Reich defined.